arrival.

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S FINALLY HEREEEE!

As you all know, i have been talking about some mini projects i have been working on for the past couple of weeks, well, this one has been over two months in the making but now i can finally reveal to you what exactly it is! After a long two weeks of editing, we have cut, pasted, and pain painstakingly narrowed over 300 photos down to a mere 12 sheet spread to finally bring to you, into the woods, gary pepper's very first lookbook for 2010! Click here to view :)

I cannot even describe the immense joy i am feeling from seeing the finished product as it is exactly what i envisioned my lookbook to be, if not more. Originally, i had planned to have a 'little red riding hood' theme and incorporate red pieces into every shot but that concept went out the window when i realized the color palette looked a little bland and repetitive. We spent the day shooting in this beautiful park that had a natural whimsical feel about it and only had time to get through half of the outfits i had planned before the afternoon thunderstorm set in and the heavy rain began. My model and dear friend, charlotte, was an absolute dream to work with and looked stunning in every outfit i chose for her, how many girls can pull of high waisted cheetah pants and red feathered eyelashes? These are only a few of the photos i have, you can see over 35 'behind the scenes' photos on our gpv facebook page here.

This post is taking so much longer to write as my hands are literally shaking, and i can assure you, there is no exaggerating at all! It could also be from the wonderful news i heard only hours ago from one of our national magazines, that it has been confirmed as of this morning, that gary pepper will be running in one of their march issues! Ah! It just makes a lifetime of ideas, years of research and months of planning all worth while :)

I would also like to say a big thank you to everyone who made this lookbook possible: pete thomas, genevieve tyrrell, charlotte vermeesch & eli rae. You are all really, one of a kind.

{www.garypeppervintage.com/lookbook}

13 comments:

  1. you are truly, absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks amazing. I think i like the first picture the best!
    Well done =)

    -Emma
    Visit me
    spindizzyfall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page. I can't wait for more clothes to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I just had a squiz at your shoot, it's amazing stuff! Gosh you have some gorgeous friends - is there something in the water there in Sydney? Everyone seems so leggy and tall. Maybe I should come up there for a weekend and hopefully by the time I return I might have grown a few more inches, ha. Oh and when you get to Melb and you need some shopping tips, feel free to shoot me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you girls, i'm glad you like it!

    and sarah- haha i wish i was leggy and tall, a couple more inches and i'd be happy. i may take you up on that, and please let me know if you ever come here, we have some incredible opshops that aren't as expensive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. no problem, haha yeah Mode Republic.
    Do you live in the city? cause i'm thinking of doing a city op-shopping day and i'd love some directions to the best ones =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are all so proud of what you have done in such a short space of time!

    <3

    FBI? what is that? oooo please do send me that email <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma and Nicole, it's so funny that while I'm reading this entry I read about Mode Republic! :) Both of you rock!

    Nicole - Congrats on the magazine feature! I'm so happy for you! That's really exciting!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done. It looks brilliant. You must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your hats and head pieces. Very inspiring look book, congrats. xo Mish


    www.themishdish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say, you got a great lookbook, every picture looks perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you girls, this really means alot to me and i appreciate every singe comment of yours, truly <3

    ReplyDelete