T H E C O R N E R S H O P .

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the opening night of The Claire Inc Pop Up Store with The Corner Shop on The Strand Arcade, Sydney. As you can see, there were racks full of covetable vintage designer pieces with no shortage of Chanel, Moschino and Karl Lagerfield. After sitting through some of the most intense traffic I have ever experienced (It took me one and a half hours to get from Elizabeth Street to the QVB!) and crazy down pours of heavy rain - which seem to be creating ponds instead of puddles on the side of every road - I was determined to not let a day of miserable misfortune deter me from getting to the event to meet Belinda and seeing what I knew was going to be a flawless collection. Any stress I had carried with me throughout the day vanished as soon as I ran through those front doors, and excitement quickly took over. One word: Stunning. The range was absolutely stunning. Anyone would appreciate the beautiful clothes on offer but to someone who sells vintage and knows exactly how hard it is to source pieces like this, it was so much more than that. Admirable is one word that comes to mind. A must see if you are around the Sydney area over the next two weeks. But be warned, The Corner Shop is also home to labels like Isabel Marant, Alexander Wang and 3.1 Phillip Lim so be prepared!

32 comments:

  1. Oh i just blogged about the store! You're so lucky! I wish I was there! I'll go check it out the next time I'm in the city!

    Nora
    www.norafinds.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. pictures are great and so many amazing goodies there


    http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! love all the decorations, like the plates on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so beautiful, wish I lived in Sydney!
    your photography is gorgeous as always :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. breath-taking.

    www.stickthinlegs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looooove ;D

    News: Carine ROITFELD stylist @ Vmagazine- Preview
    http://magmoiselle.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh love the pics!!!



    www.etsy.com/shop/kokorohi

    silentloveyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I'm in love with this place, I want to visit it! Love the Chanel pieces and Moschino belt

    Eda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this pics are great like for accessories! Beautiful!!!! <3

    Dea Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing stuff!! I love it... <3 <3
    Xoxo, K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. woow! love the photography, and clicked myself into claireinc.com right away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erm - your coat please! It looks fantastic! The store is uh-mazing...looking forward to checking it out!
    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY LORD!! i would run there right now if i lived in sydney! to bad i live in melbourne. another point to sydney! :(

    Jennifer
    http://monchinee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the jewelry pieces and the accessories on your images. its so lovely

    The Fashion Cycle

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shop looks beautiful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. All those vintage goodies in a one-stop boutique? Mindblowing. What a great opening event to attend!

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!!!! Beyond beautiful shots so jelous xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. love all these gorgeous pieces!

    Bises,
    monkeyshines
    http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wonderful world!

    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some gorgeous pieces hanging on the racks! Love your coat too xoxo

    www.fashionsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely

    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am extremely green with envy.
    xo Great pictures though :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks like a dream! What an impressive collection of vintage designs. I'm also in love with the space :)

    http://mostlyclothes-cristina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now I have a very stubborn urge to go shopping.
    Lovely snapshots!

    xx Grace
    Dream-Boating

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to go there, looks so good through all the photos you've taken! In love with those Moschino belts...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Going out and finding me a Moschino belt just like that <3
    XOXO

    ♥, Ette

    www.thriftedkarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like this Shop so cute !
    Nice photos

    http://www.desperatelyseekingpegase.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing store!!!! Vintage clothes always are inspiring!!! <3<3<3


    www.xforxiu.blogspot.com
    www.xiuboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. love your store :D :D
    xoxo
    http://decimalshoes.blogspot.com/
    www.decimalshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Why couldn't this be in Melbourne? I would literally be in heaven!!
    Am oh so jealous of you right now:P

    ReplyDelete
  31. That yellow and black striped dress is gorgeous! And those turquoise Chanel earrings are to die!

    http://chelseapurcella.com

    ReplyDelete