M Y P E N S I E V E.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
I think i enjoyed taking photos of my new stock a little too much today. Why? I don't really know. I've had a skip in my step ever since taking it easy of the past two weeks and i can't seem to shake the feeling that one person cannot be this happy for so long. A few little things adding to my mood. Lovebento.com featured Gary Pepper Vintage on their website which you can read here. I also just found out the other day that i was chosen as one of Weardrobe's spotlight bloggers and had a banner of myself on their fashion website and various other places. Not only that but they have even been so kind to make one of my photos their default picture on their official facebook page! I also did an interview with Tongue in Chic, a fashion website based in Kuala Lumpar which you can read here. As if things couldn't get any crazier i just finished another interview with a wonderful lady, Maggie, who is launching a self help book for teens and was lovely enough to include myself and Gary Pepper Vintage. I'm still so overwhelmed by any sort of attention like this so a very big thank you to Lovebento, Weardrobe.com, Tongue in Chic and Maggie! You have me skipping all over the house.

On another note, there is this exquisite antique store in Tasmania that i just love visiting when i'm there so i quickly took Luke to have a look for himself on the weekend. I try to avoid this place as i always leave disappointed at the thought that i simply can't afford to ship any of the furniture back to my house. Everything is so reasonably priced and they have pieces that i have envisioned to belong in my future home, can you believe these antique wooden cases were only $150 for the three!?


These random snap shots from the weekend pretty much sum up a few of my favourite things to do when i have a day off: opshopping, tea and sunsets.
I think evenings in Tasmania are exceptionally beautiful as everything is amazingly peaceful and just quiet enough that you can hear a car from a mile away. I especially love those days when there's hardly any wind and everything is so calm and still that when the sun starts to set normal lakes like this start to resemble crystal mirrors and you start to wonder whether or not the tress are really looking at themselves in their reflection. Or perhaps you're simply catching a quick glimpse into that world we all imagined as kids where everything is just upside down?
Photobucket
But want to know my absolute favourite? When the sky catches on fire for those last few seconds and you sit there wondering how you can somehow try and capture that perfect image to keep locked away for a rainy day. Lucky for me, we found a lake that began to quickly turn into a pool of silver light on sunset and what i like to call, Dumbledore's pensieve. It looked so surreal and all sorts of magical so i suppose i know exactly where moments like this, and my other favourite memories, will be kept safe and sound from now on... somewhere in Tasmania in my very own pensieve :)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on everything dear!
    I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Lovely photos girl!
    http://bubbbbbbaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! love the photos!
    http://thepastimebliss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw tassie is so beautiful. Everytime I think of Tasmania I think of Poet Gwen Harwood. I reckon you would like her stuff. I hate poetry, yet I love her stuff.

    anyway, again I am so glad it is all working out for you. I was worried when I read months ago that GPV was going to be your main focus but you have surprised me. Not that I didn't doubt you but more like 'what-would-happen-when-all-the-vintage-is-gone?' LOL

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all the success! And I too am utterly in love with sunsets. My camera is filled with sunsets and gorgeous blue sky cloud days. Happy Earth Day and here's to a million more :)

    ispeakmojito.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha oh melli, thank you for the concern.. you weren't the only one. Alot of my friends were worried too but i've got the next year planned out already and i have so many more ideas to keep going that will involve vintage, but so many more things :)

    can't wait to share!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how beautiful! and you are quite inspiring!

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats:)
    i found your photos on moderepublic really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are honestly divine! I love your blog so much, your photos and the way you write are just to die for

    ReplyDelete
  10. I´m absolutely in love with your style!!!

    and you´ve got great pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on everything. Your prove that with hard work you can achieve anything. I love your blog as I've told you before. All the best, Beth xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love these reflective photos they're beautiful...i also love your style you are stunning

    http://bejeweledthreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning
    your shoe and sock combo is so cute

    congratulations!

    www.sallyandchloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey there! just letting you know i've nominated you for the sweet blog award :)

    find out more at my blog.

    x rena.

    http://innocentbirdy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so beautiful :D


    www.makemesomenoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! These pictures are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. these photos are wonderful
    your blog has great inspiration, keep it up!
    thanks for sharing this post, love it

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the details of your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOw, beautiful photos.

    xx Vanessa

    ReplyDelete